Grand Rapids Attorney Handling Child Injuries

Most parents do everything in their power to keep their children safe. Some injuries — like cuts or bruises — are an unavoidable part of growing up. More serious injuries, however, are often preventable, especially if they are the result of another party's negligence.

If your child suffered serious injuries at school, while playing with another child or even in your care, you may be able to receive compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. In Michigan, it can be difficult to file lawsuits against schools, but you may have other options for receiving the financial settlement you need.

At Failey Law PC, we represent families throughout the Grand Rapids metro in a range of personal injury cases. We have helped families recover financial settlements when their children were injured in accidents involving:

  • School injuries: If your child suffered serious injuries after another child pushed him or her off the playground, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the other child. The other family's homeowner's policy may cover the cost of your child's medical bills and treatment.
  • Restaurant injuries: If a child suffers burns after a waitress spills hot coffee or after receiving syrup that is too hot, we can file a lawsuit against the restaurant.
  • Go-kart injuries: If your child suffered injuries at a go-kart track, we can help you hold the negligent parties accountable.
  • Swimming pool injuries: Whether your child was at swimming lessons in a public pool or playing in a neighbor's pool, if he or she suffered serious injuries or drowned because of a lack of supervision or training, we can help you receive compensation.
  • Skateboarding injuries: If another child built a skateboarding jump and encouraged your child to try it, he or she may be held liable for injuries your child suffered in the process.

If your child was injured while in the care or custody of another party, or if you think another child contributed to your child's injury, contact attorney Bill Failey. You are under no obligation to file a lawsuit, but we can help ensure you understand your rights and options.

Learn more about the counsel an experienced lawyer can provide by scheduling a free initial consultation. We can be reached through our contact form or by calling 616-965-1239.